Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Dog Ate My...




What do you get when you add that handsome pup of mine and a beautiful Mid-Century sofa?

Bad things, very bad things. So bad I will spare you from having to witness the horror.

Last week we said goodbye to our sofa which was upholstered in this ornate Oriental print. Our dog Barley has a bit of a chewing problem. Over the years he has chewed on more things that I can, or wish, to list, but this was certainly the worst incident. We had not paid much for it, but it was still terrible seeing such a great piece of vintage furniture destroyed.

It was not so terrible that I entertained the idea of tossing Barley out with its shredded remains, or the remains of any of his prior victims. No matter how shitty of a beast he can be, I have long accepted that cool stuff comes and goes, but he is a part of our household until the end.

And yes, we have tried to crate him. Maybe due to his shelter dog past or whatever landed him in the clink in the first place, he hated it, and honestly, I might have hated it more.

I am a softy, but hey, this dog has issues, and how mad can you really be at that sweet wrinkly face and those big brown eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment