Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Evil Temptress That is Anthropologie



Anthropologie is one of the few 'new stuff' stores with the ability to make me feel all consumerist. Their often vintage inspired, always over-the-top beautiful, clothes and housewares bring out every bit of giddy girl in me. The store is perfectly arranged, smells lovely, and really is just a big 'oh' and 'ah' fest.

It's always the dresses that get me wishing that I could temporarily ignore my thrifty nature (and low bank balance).

On a shopping trip last night with my dear lady-friend, Megan, I tried on the Chromatic Canvas Shirtdress. This ultra-flattering, brightly colored painterly-striped frock looked perfect with the vintage nude sling-back wedges I happened to be wearing. So perfect, it makes me want to restyle this model, and leaves me wondering, why is she not wearing the thin black belt that comes with this beauty? At least on me, I liked the added definition at the waist, giving the dress a more vintage-feeling fit.

I did not see the other dress, Primula, that caused me a bit of keyboard drool, in the store. Probably a good thing because I am not sure if my power to say no could stand up to that darling print and peek-a-boo lace.

Once again, I will resist temptation, yet take the inspiration. Which this time means keeping my eyes peeled for a shirtdress of the brighter, funner, and saucier variety than those already residing in my closet.

1 comment:

  1. That dress looked soooo great on you! But of course, you could look great in a trash bag.

    ReplyDelete