Monday, May 24, 2010

Big Foot Needs Swedish Hasbeens




Despite consistently thrifting for the past 15 years, I have very few pairs of vintage shoes. By very few, I mean maybe 12 or so. Compared to the number I would like to have, this is just a few.

The problem is, I have big feet.

Unlike me, it seems the majority of women of years past had tiny feet. I frequently find fabulous vintage shoes in sizes 5.5 or 6 that look to be made for children to this big-footed contemporary woman. Less frequently, I see an 8, 9, or a 9.5 narrow that really screw with my emotions, but very rarely the size 10 that my hooves require.

Because of this, I find myself shopping 'new' for shoes more than any other clothing item. Right now, the Swedish Hasbeens have my eye.

These beauties are based off of real vintage shoes, as the Hasbeen website puts it:

"Her name was Anita and she was the hottest mum in all of southern Sweden in the 1970’s. While smoking Camel she screamed at her kids until her curlers fell out and just looked fabulous in her white high-heeled clogs.

One summer day in 2006 we found the shoes she wore (300 pairs of red, white and black beautiful clogs from the 70’s) in the basement of an old clog factory in the neighboring village and brought them to Stockholm. So for all these people that shared our love for Anita’s wooden shoes and for ourselves we started Swedish Hasbeens."

What could be better than these simple, yet adorable, wooden-heeled remakes? Well, besides finding those 300 pairs of vintage clogs...

If you want to make this lady's new shoes dream come true, my favorites are the 'Super High Peep Toe' in Cognac. I will be needing those in a size 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment