Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Perfume Pendants







I spotted this mussel-shaped locket in the jewelry case of a busy thrift store. I have no shame in holding up the line to ask the cashiers retrieve goodies for me, but know better than to upset the line of carts behind me with long inspections. I mean, why would I bother to open it? It's a mussel-shaped locket, it could be a portal to hell and I would still happily wear it.

I fished the necklace out my bag as I got into my car and was pleasantly surprised- it was a perfume pendant.

This pendant, that dates to the early '70s, held Estee Lauder's perfume Aliage. I am confident I enjoy the remnants of the perfume almost as much as the original owner who nearly scraped it clean.

I came across this gold Estee Lauder perfume pendant through my same attraction to giant necklaces. This one is still full of the fragrance, Youth Dew.




No comments:

Post a Comment